September 4, 2011

30 Days of Fun ~ Day That Could Have Been

Yesterday a friend shot me a text and asked if I wanted to use their beach house for the remainder of the weekend.   Did you hear the Squee?  Of course I yelled "heck no", so she brought me the keys.

Because I forgot that ignorance is bliss, I thought maybe with Tropical Storm Lee being a butthole in the gulf I should check the weather and see how much yuck I might expect.

Guess what?  Much.Yuck.  TSLee is obviously the king of Yuck, and I want to kick it in the shin.

Like most of the area there are flash flood and tornado watches for Dale, Coffee and Geneva counties in Alabama, and for Holmes and Bay counties in Florida.  Those particular 5 counties are my route to PCB...with the last one being the county in which the beach house resides.

The first giant raindrops fell a half hour ago when I went outside to flip off the storm clouds already beginning to roll in.



It is raining so hard now that I can't see out of the house windows, so I'm thinking hitting that rain head on at 65 mph and daring a tornado to form wouldn't be a stellar decision since I'm quite sure I'd have the window down and a certain finger extended the entire time.

Le sigh.

~~

Let's laugh anyway, k?




INBRED CAT





~~


12 comments:

  1. That sucks Juls, cool picture though! It's raining here too.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that TS Lee has ruined your plans. Staying at the beach sounds so nice right now. Also, I am so glad I was drinking anything when I saw the last photo, I think I would have been snorting coffee. I hope all the bad weather leaves you soon. Take care girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go figure! Geesh. Hopefully the storm will be shortlived and you can have some fun.
    Atleast you have your sense of humor still - funny cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother Nature's a fickle bitch, ain't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry 'bout the weather, but being on a vacation mode is still fun. The cat is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mother Nature has been a real you-know-what... We just went through hurricane Irene here and that was NOT fun. Stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see you didn't risk an express trip back from the beach! I am sure there will be another time you can go. Stay safe.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just being someplace else has it's charms. But that sucks to have Lee muck up your plans. And that cat? HiLAriOUs!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Labor Day!!!! I for one happen to love the fruits of your labor, so poo poo on Lee... but squeee for storm beads!

    Seriously though, total bummer an offer for a beach house gets beached. I feel your pain sista! Hope the crazy storm and all the subsequent weather passes quickly!

    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Juls - that cat is the laugh of the day - hope the storm is past now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry about the beach house, but INBREED CAT is killin' me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG- I nearly choked on my coffee at that pic - priceless expression!
    Bummer about the beach - we don't have a TS but the weather is crap on this side of the pond too if it's any consolation.

    ReplyDelete