November 29, 2011

New Special of the week~ plus other random tids and bits.

First I have tell y'all about a comment I received yesterday.    I seriously love you people.  I'm constantly surprised by the fact that you get me...and yet you keep coming back anyway.

"Whew, I thought a band of gypsies had kidnapped you. Of course, you probably would have loved that, wouldn't ya?"  ~ Ellen

I had never really considered it, but I gotta tell ya that is now going straight to the top of my Christmas wishlist.  Half because I want to be kidnapped by a band of gypsies and half BECAUSE I WANT TO BE KIDNAPPED BY A BAND OF GYPSIES.

~~

My cell phone died a couple of weeks ago.  And by died I mean I probably hit it with a hammer, because that is what 1 dead battery dropped call too many will do to a person who is on what she thinks is her death bed.   

It was time to upgrade anyway, mostly because I spend an equal amount of time away from my computer as I do on it these days.  What I didn't realize is that the procurement of a Smartphone would 1) make me feel like a complete dumbass and 2) intrude on interaction with people who are in the same room...nay, sitting on the same couch.

Thanksgiving day I found myself surrounded by family while biting my tongue to stop a barrage of profanity over those stupid stupid Angry Birds.  I decided to take a break from playing before my head exploded and when I looked around the room I realized every other person over the age of having been born was also typing away on his/her Android/Iphone.  I wanted desperately to record a video of such excellent quality time with loved ones, but if you'll see #1 above you will understand why instead of watching said video you are reading about it.

~~

This is an excerpt from an actual conversation I had over the weekend:

B:  I didn't realize what I didn't realize.

Me.  I realize that.

~~

(Try not to be jealous of the brilliance.)

~~





42 Pretties for $42!

~~

The Color Purple



is also available

~~




9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! When hubby and/or I want to tell our daughter something (very important usually) we've been known to text her when she is upstairs and we are on the sofa--too lazy to go up and talk to her, or even yell. But honestly, I like a good conversation over texting, tweeting etc. Perhaps I'm too old fashioned.

    The other day while eating lunch at a fast food place, I noticed a young family with three very active toddlers. The father was playing on his iphone, and every once in a while he would yell at his kids to sit down, and then back to the phone again. There was absolutely no conversation with the kids or his wife, who spent most of her time trying to keep the little ones under control. I had to restrain the urge to voice my opinion to the father....but I was a good girl.

    Thanks for the laughs. And if you suddenly disappear we will know your dream of being kidnapped by a band of Gypsies has come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF you are truly kidnapped by a band of gypsies please make sure that bring you straight to me and that way I know life is good! Oh your pretties are so utterly pretty I am having a pretty hard time resisting the urge to put on pretties to convince my hubby to buy me the pretties!!! Pretty cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do that all the time - a room full of gadget geeks sitting around playing on our phones, iPads, etc. The funniest was when my hubby and I were chatting with a friend online. At some point in the conversation, we got a comment from the friend "Are you two in the same room." Ummm...yeah...we were sitting across the table from one another, each on our own laptop, chatting with person #3 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you surfaced! I have tracked down 429 bands of wild gypsies thus far and none had seen you. So I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better and still torching. :o)

    Sending you {Hugs!} and a great big MERRY CHRISTMAS! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so addicted to a game on my iPhone that I hardly get on the computer at night any more. Such a waste of time but I'm addicted so I can't help it. It's an illness, right? I just want to tell you to please STOP IT! I want those 42 beads in the worst possible way but given what I just bought from you I have no more money for beads for the foreseeable future. Really. I love those 42 so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JUls...so glad you are back to yourself...when i am feeling blue i know just where to go for a pick me up...and if you wish come true please head over the boarder and come take me away...y do you have to make your lovlies so irraistable...are all the packs the same???
    take care ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. not sure if it's my computer but your purple "here" link is not taking me anywhere LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, those darned smart phones...addictive! But who can argue with a phone that lets me read your blog and look at your pretties in StudioJuls?!!!

    ReplyDelete