October 12, 2009

The Journey

This focal captured my attention coming out of the kiln. The rich colors form a fluid landscape that combines my love for living nature and my desire for the coast~ framed with the familiar tones of the red clay found at home in Alabama.

I selected a mirroring color pallete for the body, seeking to preserve and continue the personal statement of the glass. I'm very pleased with this decision, as the patchwork design and bold organic color are reminiscent of Paint horses~ adding a new verse to this freedom anthem.

My experiences seem to flow into one stream these days, pouring out as a single statement meant to capture a thousand words. Life is to be loved~ through its disaster and its triumph. It is this awareness that has enabled me the pursuit of some dreams and the letting go of others.

To quote J.R.R. Tolkein "...Not all those who wander are lost..." This is for those, like me, who's sense of wonder and discovery keep their spirits moving.

Nomad~

No comments:

Post a Comment