February 25, 2011

Every time I make Bead Soup I end up standing in the corner.

It isn't that I don't like rules.  Ok I'm not really a big fan, but I didn't break the same one again on purpose.  It just happened.

Plus this is a long necklace so it doesn't really require a clasp.  Which means sometimes a rule is just not a valid argument for wasting a component that has a really perfect home somewhere else.  Am I right?  Please say I'm right so I can come out of the corner and eat a cookie.

I did stray from the warmth of my box this time.  As a lover of all things seed bead I gravitate toward weaving and embroidery.  Stringing just isn't my thing. 

But look~  I strung, stringed and strang!


MK sent me such a pretty seahorse.


I kept the assymetrical focal colors aquatic


but where there is turquoise
there must also be brown.
~~

I really do hate to be so brief, but that man is out back building a little porch on the shiny shack and the sun is shining and I need to go soak up a little bit of both.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to pop in on the other Chefs.  If you wait until this evening, we can sample some soup together!

1.  Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 
3.  Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 
4.  Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio
5.  Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
6.  Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
7.  Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
8.  Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe
9.  Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto
10.  Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio


11.  Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
12.  Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts
13.  Marian Hertzog, M's Place
14.  Mary McGraw, MK's Musings
15.  Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita
16.  Deci Worland, Gem Trails 
17.  Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found
18.  Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs
19.  Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
20.  Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats


21.  Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs
22.  Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim 
23.  Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu
24.  Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads
25.  Deb Hunter, Living On Air
26.  Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio
27.  Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads 
28.  Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
29.  Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts
30.  Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul


31.  Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium
32.  Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus
33.  Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble
34.  Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design
35.  Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
36.  Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs
37.  Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works
38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights
39.  Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire
40.  Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio


41.  Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's
42.  Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions
43.  Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya 
44.  Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
45.  Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles 
46.  Melissa Mesara, One Eared Pig  
47.  Amanda Davie, Articulations
48.  Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady
49.  Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


50.  Andrew Thornton, The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
51.  Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks
52.  Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
53.  Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde
54.  Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog
55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning
56.  Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
57.  Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio 
58.  Amy Freeland, Copper Diem
59.  Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Lisa


60.  Sandi Lee James,  Do Be Do Bead Do
61.  Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog 
62.  Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon
63.  Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs
64.  Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
65.  Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
66.  Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.
67.  Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash
68.  Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique
69.  Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver



70.  Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
71.  Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey
72.  Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
73.  Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix
74.  Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems
76.  Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium 
77.  Valerie Norton, Hot Art 
78.  Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden  
79.  Amy Severino, Amy Beads 


80.  Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook
81.  Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy
82.  Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
83.  Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
84.  Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs
85.  Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries
86.  CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka
87.  Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae
88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy
89.  Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations


90.  Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss
91.  Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous 
92.  Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead 
93.  Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations 
94.  Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof  
95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio 
96.  Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
97.  Cindy Dolezal,  Cindy Dolezal Designs 
98.  Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue
99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101.  Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio
102.  Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations 
103.  Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios
104.  Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore
105.  Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations
106.  Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky
107.  Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric
108.  Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs
109.  Grace Danel,  Grace Beading
110.  Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman


111.  Agnes Shapiro, Beader Bubbe 
112.  Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo 
113.  Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs
114.  Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me
115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf
116.  Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer
117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles 
118.  Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie 
119.  Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart 
120.  Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs 


121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven 
122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings  
123.  Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass 
124.  Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks 
125.  Hazel Ward, All Those Things 
126.  Brenda Salzano, Salzanos 
127.  Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee 
128.  Anna Denisova, Anita-M 
129.  Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry


130.  Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads 
131.  Penny Neville, Copper Penny
132.  Angela Blasingame, Hopemore
133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog
134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs
136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies  
137.  Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art
138.  Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.
139.  Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter


140.  Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy
141.  Heather Pyle, Welcome to My  Muse
142.  Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
143.  Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts
144.  Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense
145.  Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique
146.  Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads 
147.  Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul 
148.  Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me  
149.  Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog 


150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
151.  Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T
152.  Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals
153.  Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area 
154.  Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta
156.  Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef
157.  Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
158.  Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color 
159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman 


160.  Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory
161.  Collette Collins, Firefly Myst
162.  Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed
163.  Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu
164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio 
165.  Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra
166. Anna Motz, Stunning
167.  Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings
168.  Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
169.  Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings


170.  Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
171.  Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones
172.  Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs 
173.  Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass 
174.  Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre  
176.  Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog
177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio
178.  Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
179.  Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180.  Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
181.  Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art
182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog
183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen 
184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink
185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin 
186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer
187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels 
188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry 
189.  Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190.  Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.
191.  Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
192.  Hilary Frye, FryeStyle
193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini
194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse
195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between
196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets
197.  Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts
198.  Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs
199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200.  Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend
201.  Christine Damm, Stories They Tell
202.  Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts
203.  Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs
204.  Juli Cannon, YOU ARE HERE
205.  Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique
206.  Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry
207.  Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads
208.  Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love
209.  Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry
210.  Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread


The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011.  Don't miss it!

86 comments:

  1. You can come out of the corner - well I say you can! Awesome piece love the little seed beads with the chain - you are right a clasp is wasted on a long necklace that can just slip over your head...and you are eventually going to show us another piece with said clasp - right??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, come out of the corner and have your cookie. Love the dramatic Seahorse pendant and your complimentary beads. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty, clasp or not! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you might not normally be a stringer but you did a beautiful job here Juls! I love this necklace - I could see me wearing it all the time....definitely time for that cookie! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Juls. And, I'm sure you're not the only one to break the rules so that corner's most likely a bit crowded. . .come on out and have your cookie, especially if you're sharing cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous , love the colors
    here's a cookie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please come out of the corner to eat a cookie! Love what you did with your soup goodies and you are correct save the clasp for another piece. You strang good girl, the colors are fantastic and love the mis-matched earrings. Go soak up some sun and please send it our way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rules are made to be broken and your necklace shows why! Lovely work -- love the colors and the seahorse!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way it turned out! Fantastic SeaHorse!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! Love the seed beads through the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes think rules were meant to be broken and this was one time when it should. Such a beautiful piece. A long necklace doesn't need a clasp and that is exactly what your seahorse pendant required. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juls my love you really rocked this piece and I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!!!! Fabulishousness at its most amazing finest. Ok go soak in both but we will be chatting!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that seahorse! Do you have any idea where it is from? I had trouble using my clasp too so I made a second piece so I didn't get punished lol. Beautiful job!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design...even if you broke the rules. Shame on you! HA! I broke the same rule last year ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know how you feel. Strange that I don't mind working on a tiny piece of embroidery the size of my right thumb, which requires approximately 57 of the smallest size 15 seed beads in the store, laid out in a varieted pattern with multi-colored beaded arms radiating out from the center, but someone throws me anything over 4mm and I freeze like a deer in the headlights and try to hide under my bead table...that said, ya' did a great job strangin' that thing togethuh... me likes mucho. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the seahorse, and really like the seed beads and the chain mixed together.

    (And come out. Throw me a cookie.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's ok, I cheated too. Artists just do that.
    Love, love your long and gorgeous piece. That sea horse is wonderful... I want one too.
    Your sense of color,(you are a genius) is always amazing and I only made it to #50 today so I skipped ahead to take a peak at your soup!! Delicious!! really delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet You got stronger from all this stringing :)
    and also a lovely necklace and earrings came out of Your corner !!
    that seahorse is a goddie ...mmmmmmmm
    would love to wear this jewelry in a warm summer day- lets hope they will sooooon be here

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome necklace! I love the seahorse focal! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll meet you in the corner. I bent some rules too.

    Gorgeous piece, anyway. You pulled everything together so nice... so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stringing is good... love what you have made, and I particularly like the earrings! enjoy your cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the green of the seahorse, one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good stuff, love the chain. I have to sew seed beads all over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful necklace. I love the seahorse focal and the way you put it all together into a simple necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woman, I love you! Come on out and have a cookie. I made them myself.

    I love what you made, stringing and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. lol...you stringged, you strung and you Rocked it!! great job! You may come out of the corner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Your work is gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job with your soup beads, clasp or no clasp. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I...love...this! Be a rebel, aren't most creative people not into rules?! Color outside of the lines with abandon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your posts always make me smile because you are so clever and witty. And now I am also smiling because of the pretty necklace. Out of the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think it's time you came out of the corner. I believe you're correct in that we need to adjust that rule a bit more. And I'll bake you some more cookies!

    About your Bead Soup...well I really hate to be the one to say this. BUT I LOVE YOUR WORK OF ART! It's beautiful, feminine, and reminds me of long summer days on the beach! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your beads really accent the seahorse so well. And I like what you did with the chain and seed beads. Fabulous.

    I have been on the road and am trying to catch up on some blog soup tonight. Better than the Oscars

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know what they say...Rules were meant to be broken. The necklace is perfect and the seahorse is wonderful. Love the necklace just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Juls, that is absolutely beautiful! I'd love to be your Bead Soup partner sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Of course you are right...come get your cookies! Now you get to make more pieces and use the clasp!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh ms juls u strung so fine! But u could have taken the clasp off tomorrow like I,m gonna do. Still u earned your sweet self a couple of big cookies for a job well done.

    I have seen several of ur beautiful beads as focals as I been hopping today. So much talent in such a little lady!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great soup Juls your seahorse is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice string, strung and stranging!! REally like the little beads intertwinted in the wire. Cool sea mix ~ Really like your finished piece Juls!

    ReplyDelete
  38. psst, i kinda broke the clasp rule too. oops! love your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the focal...wow! The chain is amazing and perfect for this design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Not sure if I followed the rules too, but what the heck, your necklace turned out great. Love the seahorse!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Juls, i have been hop,hop hopping along the bead soup bunny trail visiting each and everyone! & you are a funny gal.I say come out of the corner & have the whole dang bag of cookies! I have really enjoyed my 1st bead soup party hop& i definatly want to partake in the next one, and i think the best part is what everyone has created out of there comfort zone & what u have created is beautiful that seahorse is amazing ttfn :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a seahorse bead! Never seen anything like it, and the way you interlinked the beading with the chain, it's gorgeous. a great piece ^_^ Virginie ViviBijoux.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well this is real pretty dispite the fact you dont like to string! Your beadings beautiful that you do btw! Awww comeon out well have some cookies and milk!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oooooh-cool! You showed great restraint and let the seahorse have his moment. It's fantastic. As a fan of the seed bead myself (something akin to being a "heroin fancier"), I can understand the compulsion to encase every new project in a protective layer of embroidery. Props to you for stringing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. You did a Soup-er job with your soup mix. I love what you did and that you came out of your comfort zone. Here's your cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Juli! love your necklace! I really loved the seahorse! and the oceany feel of your finished necklace, its light and cute! and it would be fun to wear! you don't need to be in the corner...come on out and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  47. It is stunning! Sometimes you have to bend the rules...creativity cannot be boxed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Come on out of that corner, you! I think that I would take soaking sunshine and man-shine anytime over beads (did I just say I wouldn't spend all my time with beads? Crazy!) I love what you did. The stringing is faboo, as are you, and the seahorse... well that is as good as it gets! Pretty soft colors for spring! I am only about halfway through the hop... I will keep going though! I am determined to sample every one!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  49. So pretty! I love that seahorse! Who needs a clasp! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Juli, you said, "where there is turquoise there must also be brown."

    I'm in complete, utter agreement! Oh, and please leave the corner...you worked within the spirit of the challenge, and I'm sure that counted! Because this necklace is stunning, divine, gorgeous....yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. You did a beautiful job and I didn't use my clasp either - gotta break a rule here and there in the name of art.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful! I love what you did with the seed beads and focal. Very natural and lovely; something a mermaid princess would wear on a casual day. ;) Love the earrings, too.

    You could have made a second piece or a bracelet to use that clasp; a lot of people made more than one necklace or some made a whole set to go together. Just a thought. ;)

    Fabulous designs, regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a gorgeous piece Juls... I think you are allowed out of that corner now! I adore that seahorse - how lucky are you to receive that! Beautiful work.

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  54. Awesome sauce. Totally :-) Love the new work, too, even at a painful 4 pictures at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  55. very pretty and love all your art beads gonna have to go check them all out.

    ReplyDelete
  56. love the seahorse and the way you blended the colors and kept it beautifully simple

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love what you made and your blogs fantastic! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the seahorse creation! And we would not have such great Originals if we always followed all the rules.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  59. So cute - I love the little seahorse. And no, clasps generally aren't necessary on necklaces that long anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a beautiful necklace - no corner for you! I love the colors, and the seahorse focal is just plain fun.

    P.S. I am heading out to look at the sparkly new beads in your etsy shop - yea!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow! Very nice. Love the seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great design, love the seahorse and I will stand in the corner with you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love it... So simple and perfect with a loose flow-y tunic! My summer wear.
    Bead Happy!M
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  64. it turned out very nice- and was good to see my set of earrings were not the only pair that did not "match"
    alise's beads and baubles

    ReplyDelete
  65. Sorry for the late comment Juls! Still working my way thru the hop list :) Love your sea horse! And I agree...where there is turquoise, chocolate always goes!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Fabulous BEAD SOUP Friend!!! I love what you designed with all your components... Beautiful work!Thanks for sharing your creativity!!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  67. Pretty necklace! I like the mix of chain and seeds in it.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Even if you broke the rules, it's gorgeous! And your beads - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Juls, your necklace is gorgeous. You did fantastic work and I enjoyed my visit to your blog...I love your sense of humor. I found myself reading past and present posts and laughing out loud (and I totally relate to falling asleep due to lack of sleep....covered in beads....). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a sweet seahorse I love your ocean necklace!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  71. Wonderful necklace! Fabulous inspiration! Enjoyed reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  72. really cute necklace - that seahorse is gorgeous. no need to hide in the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great to see you experimenting outside of your comfort zone. And I love the asymmetric earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Pretty!
    And of course it doesn't need a clasp.

    "If children had always obeyed the rules of their parents, we would still live in the stone age"

    (Freely translated from Swedish by me, hope the meaning and intention is still captured despite the not so perfect english. One of my favourite quotes all time by the way. Don't know who first said it.)

    ReplyDelete
  75. I think I snuck over before and peaked at your bead soup but I "tot I Lef a Comment"!! Oh shame on me I am so slow I started at the end today and I am trying to work my way back to where I got lost in the list.
    Your piece of course like you inside and out is extremely Lovely!! I really like the rockin sea horse. So cool. You gave him space in his little ocean to drift around - I like that and of course I recognize one of your beautiful lampwork beads in the mix!! Bravo great soup- I need to go on a diet!! LOL
    Miss visiting you- I have been so busy organizing, opened new Etsy shop- transfering things, taxes, craft fairs.... The list just doesn't end.
    Anyway- Hi- Hope you are just great. I hope to hire you again- still have to do something with all the beauties I got last time.

    ReplyDelete
  76. You know my obsession is sea turtles, but the other one is sea horses. Are you selling this necklace?

    ReplyDelete